Sunday, September 10, 2017

Meanderings

Four year old buckwheat seed still a hearty sprouter in this year's garlic field. A fast-growing cover crop, it is now tilled in.


My neighbor's giant pumpkin patch: all those leaves to support one pumpkin.


My tray seeded royal catchfly, Silene regia, finally flowers, weakly, in its first year.


Eastern tiger swallowtail grabbing a drink from a rain filled cell tray.


A frog poking its head out of the same. 


The tomato patch, post tomato. One plant has retained a healthy posture, but continues to blight its fruit. The plants directly to the right are peppers, unaffected by the blight. The container near the hydrangea are potatoes that have somehow, to date, resisted succumbing. I pulled all the plants, anyway, leaving the tubers in the ground for my picking as needed. The tomato plants filled three 45 gallon trash bags.


The very green Eastern gray tree frog, notably Hyla versicolor, on its spiked throne.



No comments:

Post a Comment

If I do not respond to your comment right away, it is only because I am busy pulling out buckthorn, creeping charlie, and garlic mustard...